DRIVERS DOOR POWER WINDOW REPAIR

wildfelr

DRIVERS DOOR POWER WINDOW REPAIR....... I got lucky....after removal of door panel it was easy to see and easy to repair..... there is a down stop angle bracket held in with two 1/4 in bolts....it had moved out of position and jammed the track/mechanism....re-positioned the angle bracket/stop and all works perfect....$115 out the door ..... BILL IN FLORIDA IS HAPPY

45 minutes ago, wildfelr said:

DRIVERS DOOR POWER WINDOW REPAIR....... I got lucky....after removal of door panel it was easy to see and easy to repair..... there is a down stop angle bracket held in with two 1/4 in bolts....it had moved out of position and jammed the track/mechanism....re-positioned the angle bracket/stop and all works perfect....$115 out the door ..... BILL IN FLORIDA IS HAPPY

Glad it was an easy fix. I figured it would be but you never know.

RQB3263........ HERE IS HOW TO ABSOLUTELY AVOID  THE POWER WINDOW PROBLEM i  JUST REPAIRED....Do not slam  (either) door  closed with the window in the full down position....even if it is up just a 1/2 inch the stop angle  will NOT be able to  jump the track......now I know...BILL

5 minutes ago, wildfelr said:

RQB3263........ HERE IS HOW TO ABSOLUTELY AVOID  THE POWER WINDOW PROBLEM i  JUST REPAIRED....Do not slam  (either) door  closed with the window in the full down position....even if it is up just a 1/2 inch the stop angle  will NOT be able to  jump the track......now I know...BILL

Interesting. Now if i can get my wife to stop slamming the door..............😉

37 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

Interesting. Now if i can get my wife to stop slamming the door..............😉

Maybe try being more "sensitive" to her needs?  I don't know - I'm just trying to help🤑

It is easy to train the wife. Make the repair $$ come out of her allowance rather than your car budget. 

But do not listen to me as I am on my fourth wife and a couple $$ in repair is cheaper than a divorce. 

if I had take my own advice I would be on the Ford GT or Maserati site rather than trying to keep my Stude running on the cheap!

I too cringe when someone slams the passenger door of my Avantis while exiting......

I think the guilty party expected the door to be heavier, so they use extra effort!

1 hour ago, mfg said:

I too cringe when someone slams the passenger door of my Avantis while exiting......

I think the guilty party expected the door to be heavier, so they use extra effort!

And this reminds me of the time - on the TV Show 'Mr. Ed' the neighbor pulled up to "Wilber's" front door with his Avanti (actually the car was already parked when the scene started) and got out of the car and closed the door with the GREATEST of ease.  I noticed the Window was open/down!😂

1 hour ago, wdaly said:

And this reminds me of the time - on the TV Show 'Mr. Ed' the neighbor pulled up to "Wilber's" front door with his Avanti (actually the car was already parked when the scene started) and got out of the car and closed the door with the GREATEST of ease.  I noticed the Window was open/down!😂

1 hour ago, wdaly said:

As the show progressed, didn't Addison (the neighbor) update his '63 Avanti to a '64 'square light'?

20 minutes ago, mfg said:

As the show progressed, didn't Addison (the neighbor) update his '63 Avanti to a '64 'square light'?

Could be.  Studebaker sponsored the show from '61-'63.  Avantis were shown occasionally with various characters on the show.  btw - The 'Post's' car was a Lark and on at least one show the Lark was pulling a horse trailer!🤪

8 hours ago, Bill Hanlon said:

It is easy to train the wife. Make the repair $$ come out of her allowance rather than your car budget. 

But do not listen to me as I am on my fourth wife and a couple $$ in repair is cheaper than a divorce. 

if I had take my own advice I would be on the Ford GT or Maserati site rather than trying to keep my Stude running on the cheap!

I am with you Bill. On number 4 myself and not interested in a divorce. I am not sharing this with her.🤣

Even if you're on Wife #5, never slam the door of a collectible auto. Same goes for the hood and trunk. And while I'm at it, go easy on running your front windows up and down if they're powered. Working on Avanti windows, and especially adjusting them, is a real pain in Mr Ed's rear end!