R2 Carter 3507S Thick Insulator Spacer

Leo B

I bought used Carter 3507S and ordered Repair Kit from SI.
Do I need also thick Insulator Spacer. I think so. Where to find correct one? Something else also? Special Seals between manifold and Carburetor.
Edit: I noticed that there are 5 seals in the repair kit. Is the meaning that I should use all of them between Carb and manifold. Will they work as a seal + insulator? And thats all I need?

IMG_3181.JPG

Edited by Leo B

6 hours ago, Leo B said:

I bought used Carter 3507S and ordered Repair Kit from SI.
Do I need also thick Insulator Spacer. I think so. Where to find correct one? Something else also? Special Seals between manifold and Carburetor.
Edit: I noticed that there are 5 seals in the repair kit. Is the meaning that I should use all of them between Carb and manifold. Will they work as a seal + insulator? And thats all I need?

IMG_3181.JPG

Yes, you can 'stack' those gaskets..They will work just as well as the factory 1/4" thick carb-to- manifold gasket!

I only see 4. There should be a stack of three. 4 might be too soft, and risk damaging the fragile corners of the carb when tightened down. 

17 hours ago, brad said:

I only see 4. There should be a stack of three. 4 might be too soft, and risk damaging the fragile corners of the carb when tightened down. 

Yes 4 of course 😅 Thank you for your help

18 hours ago, mfg said:

Yes, you can 'stack' those gaskets..They will work just as well as the factory 1/4" thick carb-to- manifold gasket!

👍Thank you mr mfg