Avanti/Corvette!

mfg

7 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Well, it should have been more than $235 in my opinion. I always thought it was over $300 difference. 

$217

Nope, not $217 either!:(

1 hour ago, pantera928 said:

I still think it should have been over $300. But then that IS just an opinion

Studebaker knew the second generation Vette was coming...and they would be fighting for many of the same customers...They tried to stay competitive in pricing.

Just now, mfg said:

Studebaker knew the second generation Vette was coming...and they would be fighting for many of the same customers...They tried to stay competitive in pricing.

Well, if you have ever driven any of those, you will know that the Avanti was way cooler to drive. Again, just my opinion😉

2 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

Well, if you have ever driven any of those, you will know that the Avanti was way cooler to drive. Again, just my opinion😉

I owned a '54, '61, and a really gorgeous '62...but no second generation cars.

52 minutes ago, mfg said:

Well, I did and always thought they looked good in the front yard and were cumbersome to drive. Of course, I grew up driving British and Italian cars before that. I never thought Vettes drove well until the 1984 models and never thought they looked great again until the C5 in 1998

4 hours ago, mfg said:

Kinda jealous here - my first car was a 2.5 year old 1965 Barracuda (you know, a Valiant with a HUGE rear window).  Was a 273 w 4 barrel & Hurst shifter though.  Good car until some drunk with no job, no license and no insurance wrecked it with me in it!😒  Oh, and Yes it did like to 'Fishtail'.

Edited by wdaly
extra info

4 hours ago, wdaly said:

Kinda jealous here - my first car was a 2.5 year old 1965 Barracuda (you know, a Valiant with a HUGE rear window).  Was a 273 w 4 barrel & Hurst shifter though.  Good car until some drunk with no job, no license and no insurance wrecked it with me in it!😒  Oh, and Yes it did like to 'Fishtail'.

My first was a 1947 Champion 4-door. Then a 1949 Champion 4-door

On 3/28/2022 at 9:40 PM, pantera928 said:

My first was a 1947 Champion 4-door. Then a 1949 Champion 4-door

WOW!...a REAL Stude guy!!....First car I had (at 16) was a 1956 Stude Sky Hawk.

3 hours ago, mfg said:

WOW!...a REAL Stude guy!!....First car I had (at 16) was a 1956 Stude Sky Hawk.

And I learned to drive and lost something in a 1961 Lark. We also had a 1958 Packard 4-door that i called the Batmobile

3 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

And I learned to drive and lost something in a 1961 Lark.

Did you ever find it?

15 minutes ago, wdaly said:

Did you ever find it?

Never did. No regrets.🤣

I remember finding a front bench seat in a junkyard that would fold all the way down like a bed and trying to convince my parents that putting this in the Lark would be a good idea in case anyone became sleepy while driving and needed to pull over for a nap.  They disagreed for some unknown reason🙄 

14 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

Never did. No regrets.🤣

I remember finding a front bench seat in a junkyard that would fold all the way down like a bed and trying to convince my parents that putting this in the Lark would be a good idea in case anyone became sleepy while driving and needed to pull over for a nap.  They disagreed for some unknown 

'61 Stude Larks...real chick magnets...

Especially the 'Flamingo versions!

25 minutes ago, mfg said:

'61 Stude Larks...real chick magnets...

Especially the 'Flamingo versions!

Meanwhile - Fast Forward 55 years and I'm just sitting here waiting for my little blue pills delivery (if only they worked).🤔

4 minutes ago, wdaly said:

Meanwhile - Fast Forward 55 years and I'm just sitting here waiting for my little blue pills delivery (if only they worked).🤔

I thought my little blue Avanti would do the trick🤣

1 hour ago, Footer said:

MFG, my first car was also a 56 Sky Hawk. Red and black, 289 4 barrel. I liked the early Hawks without the fins.  Mike

Yes the Sky Hawk was probably the best looking (and best balanced) of the 'flock'!....

Mine was Blue/White with a blue & white vinyl interior...289 four barrel, dual exhaust and auto trans.

It was a very early car that still had the first gear start in drive.