Avanti Latches!

mfg

The convertible top latches (to header) as used in 1987-91 Avantis are common to latches found in ........?........ convertibles.

1) Chevy Cavalier......2) Ford Mustang.....3) Renault Alliance.....or....4) Pontiac Sunfire

I'll say (with semi-confidence):  2) Mustang.😙

13 hours ago, Stacey said:

I went and looked at mine on the 1991, and I have to guess it is a GM type latch, but have no absolute knowledge, so guessing a Renualt #3.

Good guess!...You are CORRECT!:)

Renualt.  I had an '89 convertible and the left/driver's side latch would always loosen up gradually from traveling down the road.  I got into the habit of pushing the latch forward every few miles when driving distances.  I tried tightening the screw holding the latch to no avail.  The latch, even though it tightly secured the top, would work itself loose over time/distance.

18 hours ago, plwindish said:

Renualt.  I had an '89 convertible and the left/driver's side latch would always loosen up gradually from traveling down the road.  I got into the habit of pushing the latch forward every few miles when driving distances.  I tried tightening the screw holding the latch to no avail.  The latch, even though it tightly secured the top, would work itself loose over time/distance.

Small issues like that are definitely aggravating!:(