Avanti Frames!

mfg

Over the years of Avanti automobile production,, ........?....... different chassis (or platforms) were used.

1) Three.....2) Five......3) Six......or.....4) Seven

2 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

2) 5

Agree - 2/5

31 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

Weren't there two Mustang platforms used?  The 2005 was on the Fox-body platform and those that followed were the newer chassis.  Semantics I know.

Not sure. I know that the mustangs stayed basically the same from 93-04. 2005 was the new mustang retro look

But it was likely the ‘93-‘04 platform used for the 2005 Avanti since it takes considerable time to adapt the Avanti body to every new chassis.  That was the bane of post-Studebaker Avantis…each time the design was produced to a new platform the maker changed the platform.  Avanti Motors was in a constant redesign mode for each new chassis for a limited production vehicle.  That soaked up time and money and it was all but impossible to amortize production costs.

4 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

Weren't there two Mustang platforms used?  The 2005 was on the Fox-body platform and those that followed were the newer chassis.  Semantics I know.

Possibly, I'm not very familiar with Mustangs, but maybe someone will chime in that is.

3) 6, my reasoning being Studebaker Lark convertible frame, Lark 6 cylinder frames that were strengthened before being used, Monte Carlo, Caprice, Firebird and Mustang.

17 hours ago, plwindish said:

3) 6, my reasoning being Studebaker Lark convertible frame, Lark 6 cylinder frames that were strengthened before being used, Monte Carlo, Caprice, Firebird and Mustang.

Well, to me the early Midland Ross frame that Brad mentioned, the modified for Avanti production Stude Lark Convertible frame, and the later beefed up 6cyl. Lark Avanti ll frames ...are collectively all in the same "frame family"!:)

Well, you did say "production" so mine really doesn't fit that description, being it was hand made. (Like most EX cars)