78 Avanti Driver's seat

64studeavanti

22 hours ago, 64studeavanti said:

Getting new upholstery. Discovered that the driver's seat bottom is broken. The reinforcement separated and the fiberglass shell is pretty bad. Any one parting an Avanti with the high back seats, not Recaro?

I have had to bite the bullet and do repairs before. You might also post this in the parts for sale/wanted section

8 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

I've got a pair out of my 74. They are in storage but Ill try to get a picture or two tomorrow.

Thanks, primarily interested in driver's bottom shell. The welds on the bracing gave way and the fiberglass is all but destroyed. I could repair the fiberglass, but the reinforcing is rusted through in several places and I would need to fabricate some kind of replacement.

Edited by 64studeavanti

This is the drivers seat from my 74. Shell looks good but the rear seat mounts could be better.

If you are interested, I'm in Bay City, Mi 48706 and very high odds I'll make a day trip to the SDC meet in South Bend in early May.

74 seat2.jpg

74 seat1.jpg

1 hour ago, 64studeavanti said:

Not worried about mounts. Let me know how much and if you would consider shipping. Otherwise, I plan on being in South Bend for the IM.

Depends on how fast you want it. $20 if I bring the whole seat to SB or $30 + shipping if I tear it apart and ship it. Shipping will probably be a bit pricey but I'll rip it apart if you want and get some pricing.. I'll need your zip code.