Alice's Avanti!

mfg

Singer Alice Cooper owns a very nice 'Avanti White' 1963 Studebaker Avanti (turquoise interior) R1, Auto.......into which he had the original Studebaker R1 engine removed and replaced with a .....?.....

1) Chev V8.....2) Ford V8.....3) Dodge V10.....or.....4) Ferrari V8

Ford.  Seeing the two episodes, I'm surprised he is such a Ford fan as a SBC sway would have been much simpler.

1 hour ago, plwindish said:

Ford.  Seeing the two episodes, I'm surprised he is such a Ford fan as a SBC sway would have been much simpler.

He probably wanted something different....If I wanted something different, I'd go with a '57-'58 Chrysler 392 Hemi.....Not for performance or handling...but for eyeball appeal at car shows!!:D

I suspect that Ed is referring to the one done by Kount's Kustoms in Vegas recently. It was white, as he referenced, compared to your referenced black one.

https://www.facebook.com/HISTORYCountingCars/videos/alice-coopers-studebaker-avanti/354404193105119/

Edited by Avanti83

2 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

I suspect that Ed is referring to the one done by Kount's Kustoms in Vegas recently. It was white, as he referenced, compared to your referenced black one.

https://www.facebook.com/HISTORYCountingCars/videos/alice-coopers-studebaker-avanti/354404193105119/

Yes, his white '63...I guess Mr. Cooper has owned a few Avantis!.....Nice write up & photo of this car in the latest Avanti Magazine (#197) pg. 9.:)

I thought that I had seen on Fakebook that Alice had also had a newer Avanti  convertible on the GM or Mustang platform. Does anyone know?

21 hours ago, plwindish said:

I thought that I had seen on Fakebook that Alice had also had a newer Avanti  convertible on the GM or Mustang platform. Does anyone know?

I wouldn't doubt he owns a convertible....He likes his Avantis!!!!!:D

14 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

Didn’t an AOAI member…a minister in CA…buy a Trans Am blasted Avanti convertible from Alice Cooper some years ago?

Dec 26, 2006 2003 AZ-263451 (Unique) Jim W. Baize Ferrari Tour DeFrance blue exterior paint with Sandstone all leather interior and blue lettering highlights. Convertible with a tan top and the classic 350 cu in, 300 hp GM powertrain. Dash is burlwood and beautiful. As stylish as my other four Avantis, but more contemporary in looks. A fun, fast, head-turner! Formerly owned by Alice Cooper, with provenance.
baize_az263451.jpg
2006 Registratio

Gunslinger, that's what I'm remembering.  Thanks Regnabob for pulling it up.

7 hours ago, plwindish said:

Gunslinger, that's what I'm remembering.  Thanks Regnabob for pulling it up.

regnalbob always comes through for us!:D