Weatherstrip ID Question

Thom

Previous owner of my '87 Avanti LSC replaced all the door weatherstrip with what appears to be the incorrect weatherstrip and I get an annoying wind sound when driving. I have located and purchased the correct Roof Rail Seal but cannot locate the door weatherstripping. Could anyone having an '87 Avanti possibly send me a picture of their weatherstripping. I also noticed that there appears to be a generic strip of rubber running down the inside edge of the front frame (car body). Looks like it may have been added to reduce the wind noise. Is that an Avanti design or is it an aftermarket addition? If needed please fell free to direct contact me at email tbar10der@aol.com

The weatherstrip itself is from (wait for it) Chevy Monte Carlo - the donor car!

42 minutes ago, wdaly said:

The weatherstrip itself is from (wait for it) Chevy Monte Carlo - the donor car!

Thank you wdaly, appreciate your help.

• 1 month later...

I have the 87 convertible.  I have yet to find what they used for the windshield pillar door seal.  Mine are in horrible shape.  They are a very thick rubber and standard Avanti seals do not fit.

On 4/17/2022 at 11:14 AM, Jim S said:

I have the 87 convertible.  I have yet to find what they used for the windshield pillar door seal.  Mine are in horrible shape.  They are a very thick rubber and standard Avanti seals do not fit.

Jim, I ordered the Monte Carlo roof rail weatherstrip from OPGI and it does fit my 87 LSC. It does have some excess that has to be trimmed but it does fit properly.

OPGI part # AMS5400 $69.99 a pair.

Jim, as an addition to my previous reply and before the experts correct me, I do realize that your convertible does not have roof rails. The OPGI part than I am referring to is a one piece strip, however it can be trimmed down to fit only the windshield pillar. The section that you would be using measures 1 1/4 " wide and 1" inch deep. It does fit perfectly into the recess of my windshield pillar. Hope that helps you out.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Thom! ( Sorry it took me a while to read up on your reply! 

Edited by Jim S
Missing info.

Jim S

I have a portion of the window seal that is what fit the windshield pillar on my '87 coupe. It is about 27" long. I would be happy to send it to you so you can try fitting before buying the complete window seal. If interested please private message me at tbar10der@aol.com or cell # 702-205-0247.

• 7 months later...

Hello again,

Does anyone know what fits the convertible top door seal?  It's three pieces.  I would imagine it's from a Chrysler LeBaron convertile, however I cannot locate that OEM prt anywhere.