Leaf springs

Jred

Long story shortened...

1970 Avanti has inverted leaf springs. 
Was going with Flexform composite springs but it’s been a year since we first talked on the phone. They pick up on occasion. Last I talked to them, two months ago, they said they’d bump my order up the line. Can’t get a hold of them. 
Think I’m giving up on them.

Other sellers of the HD Avanti leafs I’ve called said that there’s a three month turn around time. And that may vary due to covid. I think they are made to order over seas. 

Are there any other leaf springs from a different model that can work? Maybe something a bit more common?

I have all the shocks and front coils waiting in the garage. 

Edited by Jred

No, i do not. They charched me 450 euro for sending a set to the netherlands. The set itself would cost an other 750 euro or something like that. At the Dutch border, they will add an other 21% to it. To expensive for me. I have added a 5th leaf to my old rear springs. That did the trick and costed only 300 for both springs. The rear of the avanti has gone up an inch or so. I like it.

Edited by Kodjo

1 hour ago, Jred said:

@wildfelr thanks. I’ll make the rounds tomorrow.  

Myers is a valued supplier and I support out suppliers. But a word on springs, due to their length and weight, they are crazy expensive to ship. If you can pick them up from our suppliers that's the way to go.

When I was looking for replacement rear springs for my 74 I stopped at a local truck parts supplier A-1 Trucks and they had a listing for Avanti in their pile of printed catalogs.

I ordered through them and shipping was not an issue as they came in a truck load of other parts that had been ordered. Fit like the originals.

I don't know where you are located but you could give St. Louis Spring Co. a call. They can rebuild old springs or manufacture new ones. They have the factory specifications for most springs and have done it for over a hundred years. They are also much more reasonable than Eaton. Jim Christian is the plant manager and he has done some C1 Corvette springs for me which I am quite happy with.      www.stlouisspring.com    or    314-533-2132    Good luck with your project!   John C.