Keyless entry

pantera928

I had a shop install cruise control and keyless entry on my '76 Avanti during the same visit.  The car already had an interior power door locks switch under the left lower corner of the dash.  The shop said since the solenoids were already in place, it was no problem getting keyless entry to work with it.  My remotes are Commander and work fine since I got them in 2013.  The remotes also will unlock the trunk with the B button on the backside of the remote. The front side of the remotes have lock, unlock and an A button on the front side.

I had not been on the forum for a while and saw you had sent a message about the 200R4 trans length.  I had a trans shop do the job.  They got a trans, rebuilt it, installed it and set up the lock up for it.  The owner said they did not have to adjust driveshaft length as the 200R4 was the same length as the turbo 400.

Thanks for that info Paul. I can get the trunk to work and even the lights to flash and the horn to beep using the remotes but the electrical path for the lock solenoids is not working as it should and I am an electrical and controls engineer. 

Good to know about the  transmission. Do you have to do anything regarding the lock up or is it all automatic?

The trans shop said the lock up could be done by setting the trans to lock up by speed/rpms or a separate switch. I opted to have the trans do the lock up.  If I'm going through town at 45 or lower, I usually put the trans in 3, which makes the trans act like a turbo 400 in drive and it won't lug down at lower speeds.

3 hours ago, plwindish said:

The trans shop said the lock up could be done by setting the trans to lock up by speed/rpms or a separate switch. I opted to have the trans do the lock up.  If I'm going through town at 45 or lower, I usually put the trans in 3, which makes the trans act like a turbo 400 in drive and it won't lug down at lower speeds.

Got it. Thanks