Avanti engine for sale

StudeDave

I posted this in the Avanti Chat section before seeing this area (Newbie)

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum - usually spend some time on the Stude forum as I  have 3 Studebakers currently. 1940 1955 1963(Lark) I also have some Stude parts and the reason for this post - a short block engine from an Avanti - engine # RS2306 - used,needs to be rebuilt Actually as it sits on my engine stand it's a long block but I think the heads on it are maybe from a Golden Hawk? casting 535976 so for now I will say short block. I would like to sell, however I have no idea what to ask for it and other items as well. ( rebuilt supercharger as well as parts for SC setup, machined 289 crank (10 -10) ...)  I am located in upstate South Carolina - Greenville / Spartanburg area) and not desperate to sell anything but if someone is in need then I would like too help and making a few dollars at the same time doesn't seem too bad of an idea as well. Would ideally like to deal face to face with no shipping or internet listing. Not sure about the rules of this forum but I will review replies and ask if it's ok to leave contact info here such as email or phone#. I am not listing any prices for anything as I am looking for suggestions and maybe offers.  I hope I am not being out of line here, Thanks. Dave 

That Avanti short block definitely has value....Besides being a full-flow, it would have the special flat top Avanti pistons, 'Avanti Grind' camshaft, Aluminum timing gear, and the special fully baffled oil pan....If the Avanti vibration damper is still with it, that's an additional plus.

I don't really need it, but if the geography between us was better I'd probably purchase it... 'just because'!....Good luck!.......Ed

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an extra set of Avant heads, so if you still have it, I could be interested.  I am only eleven hours north of you.  Attached picture is of my Avanti when I bought it.  It was like putting together a kit, with only partial IKEA instructions.

Avanti outside sm (2021_03_15 19_53_42 UTC).JPG