Frame and torque box rust proofing

pantera928

Have any of you used the following products on the insides of your Avanti frames and hog troughs and if so, what were your feelings about them?

KBS Coatings

3M Cavity Wax

WaxOyl

POR-15

Eastwood Internal Frame coating

Thanks

Edited by pantera928
forgot something

• 1 month later...

Let's start with cavity wax. Waxoyl, Fluid film, Eastwood's cavity wax are petroleum distillates that contain calcium sulfate. Originally it was used for plates on bridges to prevent corrosion between the two pieces of steel. It is also a lubricant has grease consistency it should be applied yearly. Por-15 was developed from the  Mobay Bridge aluminum pigmented moisture cured primer. KBS coatings was a por-15 dealer who lost their distributorship when por-15 went nationally and they copied everything that por-15 did. If you want to seal your inner frame and hog troughs acid treat itmetal prep with zinc them follow it up 3 coats of the aluminum pigmented moisture cured urethane. To give you a comparison zinc phosphate epoxy primer three coats wIll do between 500 to 700 hours of salt fog. Mobay's primer 14000 and if it's scratched the rust doesn't travel beyond the chip. Invest in a Harbor Freight engine cleaning gun this little sprayer will blow paint and rust remover about 3 ft. great forgetting into all your hard-to-reach places.

Just now, lupo said:

IMG-2583radiator.thumb.jpg.80605f950b9cde542f2b507540de6ac9.jpg

I've had this display for 30 years. 18 years people rubed their thumb and fingers over it and wore it smooth. No rust creepage and leveled up the pitting. Lacquer primer and paint over it.

On 2/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, pantera928 said:

Have any of you used the following products on the insides of your Avanti frames and hog troughs and if so, what were your feelings about them?

KBS Coatings

3M Cavity Wax

WaxOyl

POR-15

Eastwood Internal Frame coating

Thanks

Good day Pantera928. If you have never heard of Rustbullet then please take a look at their product and website. In my ever so humble opinion, it's THE best rust proofing/inhibitor on the market today. I used it on my 1968 C10 and I can sand it down and paint over it, which I've done. I don't have any pics of what I did, but I have a link you can follow:  Automotive Paints | Rust Bullet Rust Prevention Products | Concrete Paint | Corrosion Preventive Treatment Repair Remover Converter

13 minutes ago, GarB said:

Good day Pantera928. If you have never heard of Rustbullet then please take a look at their product and website. In my ever so humble opinion, it's THE best rust proofing/inhibitor on the market today. I used it on my 1968 C10 and I can sand it down and paint over it, which I've done. I don't have any pics of what I did, but I have a link you can follow:  Automotive Paints | Rust Bullet Rust Prevention Products | Concrete Paint | Corrosion Preventive Treatment Repair Remover Converter

Thanks. I will check it out