Avanti Carpeting!

mfg

A Studebaker Avanti with a complete set of trunk carpeting would have ....?..... separate pieces.

1) Eight......2) Eleven.......3) Twelve.....or......4) Fourteen

11 minutes ago, mfg said:

A Studebaker Avanti with a complete set of trunk carpeting would have ....?..... separate pieces.

1) Eight......2) Eleven.......3) Twelve.....or......4) Fourteen

I believe that a complete set of carpeting is 14 pieces.  I think that is what you are looking for, but the question only refers to trunk carpeting (not all, including trunk carpeting).

1 minute ago, studegary said:

I believe that a complete set of carpeting is 14 pieces.  I think that is what you are looking for, but the question only refers to trunk carpeting (not all, including trunk carpeting).

(Trunk carpeting only)...Sorry, 14 pieces is not correct!:(

I somewhat agree with Dwight.  If I can count correctly,  according to parts manual, before serial 4309 has extra piece of carpet on luggage compartment seat back. After serial 4892, there is a piece for the rear console. 

The trunk carpeting only consists of either 5 or 4 pieces depending on whether serial number is before 4309. The interior consists of either 10 or 11 pieces depending on whether the serial number is after 4892. 

A complete set would have 15 pieces if before 4309, 14 if between 4309 and 4892, and 15 if after 4892.

I ( as above ) was under the impression there were 2 versions of the trunk carpet. In fact a year ago or so the was someone looking into this issue to try and ascertain the reason and changeover period.

I have seen both trunk carpet versions for sale through vendors.

pb

6 minutes ago, regnalbob said:

Avantis before 4309 would have 11 pieces of carpet in the trunk.

Thanks Bob, I was looking for eleven, but should have included that "before 4309" in the question!:rolleyes:

Let us count out loud shall we...? The back panel is 1. the right and left wheel house is another two. The right and left side panels are another two. The "football shaped fillers both right and left are another 2, The right and left floor pieces are another 2, the spare tire cover is 1, and the right and left pieces by the latch panel is another t2...don't forget the latch cover itself, for the last piece.   I count 13.

4222298-3x2-940x627.jpg

Edited by brad

Here'e what I had....... (For Studebaker Avantis before R4309)

(Carpet pieces)....................... Luggage compartment seat back......Wheel house inner L ......Wheel house inner R ........Rear quarter inner L ........Rear quarter inner R .......Luggage compartment floor side L .......Luggage compartment floor side R .......Spare tire board......Compartment lock cover.....Rear corner L.....Rear corner R    

Eleven separate pieces.:)

Edited by mfg

Bringing this up again. I have 2 avantis after serial 4309. Neither show any evidence of carpeting on the sides, just the 4 pieces listed in the parts catalog. Others have noted the same.  The Avanti before serial 4309 has all 11 pieces. Does anyone know for sure that after 4309 all vertical carpet was deleted leaving just the 4 pieces listed in the catalog?