Jump to content

Avanti Window!


mfg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why is the vent window design Studebaker used on the 1964 Gran Turismo Hawk superior to the design of the same item on a 1964 Avanti?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Why is the vent window design Studebaker used on the 1964 Gran Turismo Hawk superior to the design of the same item on a 1964 Avanti?

Because the Hawk has flat glass and the Avanti has curved glass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, studegary said:

Because the Hawk has flat glass and the Avanti has curved glass.

No, I don't believe flat vs curved is indicative of a superior design:(

Other thoughts?:huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 1963r2 said:

It doesn't let as much water in ?

You're on the right track...however, this has nothing to do with water!:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont know the answer, but it seems that the windshield and vent windows on the Hawk and Avanti are strikingly similar. I know with late Studebaker cost cutting so are they one in the same?

Avanti has Lark frame, Hawk windows, what else does it borrow from other Studes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jtheteacher said:

I dont know the answer, but it seems that the windshield and vent windows on the Hawk and Avanti are strikingly similar. I know with late Studebaker cost cutting so are they one in the same?

Avanti has Lark frame, Hawk windows, what else does it borrow from other Studes?

See answer to 8E45E below.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 8E45E said:

The Hawk vent window has a further degree of swing room, allowing it to open further.

Craig

That's it exactly!:),.... assuming a vehicle isn't air conditioned, and many Studes aren't...the Hawk vent windows will pivot to something like 160', giving a nice shot of refreshing "Texas Air Conditioning"...whereas the Avanti window pivots out 60' at best...not nearly as useful. (In my humble opinion!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jtheteacher said:

Avanti has Lark frame, Hawk windows, what else does it borrow from other Studes?

All the window glass is unique to the Avanti, considering the Avanti was the first (and only) postwar Studebaker to have curved side glass.  Only Chrysler and Ford had cars in production with curved side glass when the Avanti was introduced.

Craig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...