Coil spring spacer

64studeavanti

1 hour ago, 64studeavanti said:

Re-Installing springs after changing spindles.  Car is R1 with A/C. I have 2 spacers, one for each spring. I do not recall if the spacers go on the top or bottom of the spring. 

Those spacers go onto the lower control arms:)

11 minutes ago, Leo B said:

Im curious... Are coil spring spacers only for -64 A/C version? I dont see those from -63 Parts Catalogue.

Hi again. Sorry... found from Parts Catalogue. 526830 3/16" (w/air cond.)

2 hours ago, Kodjo said:

I have these on my Avanti II two. Can I leaf them out? Would enhance the stance 🙂

If you leave them out and your coil springs have sagged with age (very common on Avantis) you might have issues and cracked fiberglass.  Make sure you have good coil springs before doing something like that.

Edited by Gunslinger

Possibly...depending on the tire and rim combination...or the body bottoms out and strikes the tire.  A/C adds weights...as does a supercharger.  The spacer is there for a reason.  

I used to have a '63 Avanti that I installed 15'x6" Keystone Klassics on...didn't realize the coil springs had compressed.  When the springs bottomed out the inner lip of the front wheel well would bounce off the tire tread.  New coil springs solved that problem.  Yes...the car did have A/C.