Banned Thread On SDC Forum

mfg

I noticed today the administrator of the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum eliminated an interesting thread posted by John Hull, explaining details for the 2022 AOAI 60th anniversary International Meet.

This type of behavior is quite typical of this guy....an authoritarian egotist...... He's the main reason I left the SDC a few years ago...and will stay away until that club sets term limits for their forum administrator position.

That is one reason I don't participate on that Forum as much as I used to.  

When someone (usually new to the Forum) made an inquiry that was addressed and answered previously, I often copied & pasted the original post that provided an answer which was maybe done years ago.  It also saved me from having to repeat myself.  The Nazi moderator instantly locks it, considering its a 'necropost' because of its age, which becomes no longer relevant as its totally on topic and pertinent to the new poster's inquiry.  Besides making the newcomer uncomfortable, it also discourages participation by long-time posters, and defeats what a major reason a Forum is for; a resource and sharing of information related to the product it represents.  

Craig

Yes, if the Studebaker Drivers Club "term limited' their forum administrator position to, say, a three year maximum, I believe many frustrated former forum members would see that as a positive step, and no doubt participate once again.

4 hours ago, Avanti1963! said:

content removed

Hello Avanti1963........Earlier today at work I read the text which you have now deleted....I found nothing wrong with it....I want to thank you for trying to explain a rather odd situation.:)

I would think the administrator of the SDC Forum would have explained to Stude forum members why he feels that thread needed to be deleted....however, he's not very considerate......and he's done this same thing several times in the past!:o

(The info he deleted was important to the AOAI AND the SDC!)