A Conversation with Dan Booth

pantera928

I called Dan Booth at Nostalgic yesterday with a quick question about installation of a part i bought from him.

After  75 minutes, we ended the call as my phone was about to die on low battery.

All I can say is what a nice guy and a wealth of information. I learned things about my car and maintenance of it that I could not have learned in years on my own.

So glad we have people like him as a resource for Avanti owners like us. 

Dan Booth’s background as an Avanti dealer and a factory authorized warranty provider make him one of most knowledgeable sources of information in the Avanti world.  That plus his acquisition of the factory part inventory make him a go to guy.  

Dan’s relationships with former factory owners and employees are the basis of behind the scene stories that would make a great book.  As a one man show selling parts and writing how-to articles in Avanti Magazine it doesn’t seem likely we will ever see a book.  Too bad, but as enthusiasts we should be thankful we have Dan and all the other knowledgeable vendors and repair folks out there   Mike

I agree that we have a wealth of knowledge in Dan and the rest of the vendors. The down side is they are all approaching their dotage and there doesn't appear to be many younger folks ready to take up the impending shortfall.

45 minutes ago, Avanti83 said:

I agree that we have a wealth of knowledge in Dan and the rest of the vendors. The down side is they are all approaching their dotage and there doesn't appear to be many younger folks ready to take up the impending shortfall.

True, I don't know what I'd do if Dave Thibeault called it quits:o!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dan is a valuable resource and a wealth of information on anything Avanti related.