Rankings on this forum

pantera928

Do any of you know what these rankings on this forum mean? I cannot find anywhere what one means versus another. 

Not a big deal. Just curious to know. I do not see anyone with a rank of 14 or whatever the highest is supposed to be.

Thanks

Edited by pantera928
typos

4 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Do any of you know what these rankings on this forum mean? I cannot find anywhere what one means versus another. 

Not a big deal. Just curious to know. I do not see anyone with a rank of 14 or whatever the highest is supposed to be.

Thanks

Go to your profile and hit 'RECENT BADGES'...and they will be explained.:)

13 hours ago, mfg said:

Go to your profile and hit 'RECENT BADGES'...and they will be explained.:)

Well, I never would have guessed there. I thought that would just show what you already had.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

While i see the rankings/badges, there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to what it takes to achieve each of them and i see people on this forum that have a far lesser ranking than i do that have contributed a LOT more than I ever will.

Doesn't make much sense

11 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

While i see the rankings/badges, there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to what it takes to achieve each of them and i see people on this forum that have a far lesser ranking than i do that have contributed a LOT more than I ever will.

Doesn't make much sense

I know one thing...If you questioned this on our 'sister' Studebaker Drivers Club forum, the administrator there would probably BAN you!!!!  :o :D

1 hour ago, mfg said:

I know one thing...If you questioned this on our 'sister' Studebaker Drivers Club forum, the administrator there would probably BAN you!!!!  :o :D

Interesting. I won't do that. I am very active on the Alfa Romeo forum and I know exactly what gets you what points and why i stand where i do.

Thanks

20 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Interesting. I won't do that. I am very active on the Alfa Romeo forum and I know exactly what gets you what points and why i stand where i do.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong...it's a good question, and I believe the fellow that runs this forum would no doubt happily answer it........but the Studebaker Drivers Club forum administrator simply isn't like that, he resents being questioned about ANYTHING!!;)

20 minutes ago, mfg said:

Don't get me wrong...it's a good question, and I believe the fellow that runs this forum would no doubt happily answer it........but the Studebaker Drivers Club forum administrator simply isn't like that, he resents being questioned about ANYTHING!!;)

So who runs this forum?

I asked a similar question a while ago, and Leo B provided a link to an explanation -- which I found to be incomprehensible.  At that point, I lost interest and did not pursue it further. These systems are designed by nerds who go to great lengths to encourage continuous participation.  I come here to exchange info about Avantis, not earn some sort of valueless points.

1 hour ago, Skip Lackie said:

I asked a similar question a while ago, and Leo B provided a link to an explanation -- which I found to be incomprehensible.  At that point, I lost interest and did not pursue it further. These systems are designed by nerds who go to great lengths to encourage continuous participation.  I come here to exchange info about Avantis, not earn some sort of valueless points.

Interesting. Well, not really. I lost interest about half way through that explanation.  The Alfa Romeo forum, (AlfaBB.com) is very straight forward in its various rankings which is why I was curious about this forum. One of the administrators told me that all of the rankings were reset to zero recently. 

Lets get back to Avantis and away from this ranking stuff. It makes no sense and does not help me with my car.

You have a nice looking 4-speed car with a cool color

Thanks anyway for what you found out.

Edited by pantera928