Avanti Bodies!

mfg

After Studebaker Avanti body building was established in South Bend, Avanti bodies were assembled on the......?..... floor of building 48A.

1) First.....2) Second.......3) Third....or....4) Fourth

On 12/20/2021 at 6:52 PM, mfg said:

After Studebaker Avanti body building was established in South Bend, Avanti bodies were assembled on the......?..... floor of building 48A.

1) First.....2) Second.......3) Third....or....4) Fourth

I do not want to take tme to look it up because I do not believe that it makes any difference, however, my memory comes up with second floor.  

19 hours ago, studegary said:

I do not want to take tme to look it up because I do not believe that it makes any difference, however, my memory comes up with second floor.  

5 hours ago, Desert Driver said:

Ground floor would probably be too dirty and dusty. Upper floors would dictate more TLC when moving bodies downstairs. So my guess is the 2nd floor.

Unfortunately not enough cars were assembled to meet dealer demand regardless of where they were built.

Good thoughts, however, Avantis were not assembled on the second floor of building 48A:(

(Actually, the second floor was used for Studebaker truck production)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 5:21 PM, mfg said:

Good thoughts, however, Avantis were not assembled on the second floor of building 48A:(

(Actually, the second floor was used for Studebaker truck production)

I thought that I remember seeing pictures of Avantis being assembled near trucks.  

19 hours ago, studegary said:

I thought that I remember seeing pictures of Avantis being assembled near trucks.  

Perhaps on final assembly...but they were apparently glued together on the third floor.