Transmission Tunnel Cooling

SST-TIM

I added this kit, purchased directly from Avanti Motors years ago, and now the cloth hoses have disintegrated. The hoses are "in between" sizes available from parts shops. Does anyone know who is offering replacements that will fit the flanges mounted in the firewall?

• 1 month later...

Some vacuum cleaner hoses fit those points also / You don't want anything with a lot of corrugation as it will cause turbulence and slow down the airflow.  The smooth the inside,  the better

Edited by silverstude

I received the 1 1/4 inch ID hose today from McMaster-Carr. The hose fits very well. The hose is flexible but a little heavier than the original. This is a rubber hose with spiral core. Part number 53145K19 and is sold by the foot. I think it will do the job just fine as I have no concerns of turbulence in this hose. Dave

My venting hoses were toast as well. Having given a lot of thought to cooling down the transmission shifter, I came to the conclusion it just wasn't worth the time or money to replace them. So I plugged the upper holes and moved on. The 700r replacement for the Borg Warner transmission improved things somewhat as engine rpms have dropped considerably. Now please don't get me started on engine compartment ventilation 🤬