1967 AVANTI II CARPET SET NEEDED

Jfast

Jfast I bought a carpet kit for my "70" from " Auto Mat Interiors." Betty Meyers put me on to them. She told me that's where Studebaker International buys their Avanti carpets. I haven't installed them yet, but I did look at each piece and I'm happy with the quality . They were also the cheapest that I found.

Auto Mat Interiors

69 Hazel St.

Hicksville, Ny. 11801 (That's right Hicksville)

516-938-7373

RQB3263...FYI...I just called Auto Mat Interiors in Hicksville, ny dense nylon kit for Avanti II, , not include trunk,...$806.00 + shipping...and ....custom matching mats with Avanti logo embrodery ....$175.00....FYI RQB3263

Bill,

I got my carpet kit from Automotive Interiors & Accessories, Inc. (automotiveinteriors.com). I bought their interior and trunk kit together. They are cut, trimmed and sewn pieces and there are a LOT of them (including those door panel lowers), like the original factory installation. This is not a drop-in, molded carpet set like in a "modern" car. I bought mine about 4 years ago and paid about $425 then for the complete set, interior and trunk. They are listed for $575.00 + $54.00 SH now. I lined the entire interior floor, tunnel and back wall (behind the rear seat) with Dynamat before I installed the interior set a this past spring. I have no complaints. I have not put in the trunk kit yet. The carpets fit really well and give a new look to my 1982 RQB3482. I can post some photos if you like.

http://avantiparts.biz/ Under the "Body" category; they have solid colors for $350 and the tuxedo colors for $450, add $25 shipping for each.

Their product description,

"Complete carpet set for Avanti 1963 to 1985. [This sentence varies]. Please specify color when ordering. Sets are made to order. Please allow 15 days lead time. Sets include door panel inserts."

Edited by GeoffC312

• 3 weeks later...

When I bought my 1963 Avanti in January, there was what I hope to be a complete new carpet set, but I can't figure out where all the pieces go. Does someone have photos of the individual carpet pieces so I'll know if I have everything I need and where the pieces go. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now installed the carpet kit that I bought from Auto Mat Interiors. I had the old carpet to use as a template, although I changed

the order of finish of some pieces because I liked the way they lay better. I dry fit all pieces to the way I liked, then I glued in all pieces

using carpet contact cement. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. BUT, the quality of the carpet is not the best. One major piece

that shows beside the seats on the door side of each seat did not have a sewn finished bead edge. I took this piece to an auto

upholsterer to have a finished edge sewn on. Also it is necessary to handle the sewn finished edges that Auto Mat sewed very carefully

because the finished bead will pull away from the carpet.

This kit will last a few years providing it is cleaned and used with kid gloves. The next time carpet is needed I will pay through the nose

to have a good quality carpet installed.

Also when I tried to glue the carpet strips on the bottom of the door panels the carpet strips were about an inch and a half to short.

There is no way they will fit. When I called to tell them, they did not offer to replace them. I then ask them to send me two strips of

carpet and the vinyl binding and I would have an upholsterer make the door panels to fit. Which they did, but not on their dime.

I had to pay for these also. Needless to say I will not be doing business with Auto Mat Interiors again!!!

Edited by Avanti7