Avanti Wires!

mfg

"Wire Spoke Wheel Discs", could be ordered as optional equipment on any 1964 Studebaker passenger car, including Avantis, for an extra......?.....

1) 37.25.......2) 56.50.....3) 68.00.....or....4) 74.55

21 hours ago, mfg said:

"Wire Spoke Wheel Discs", could be ordered as optional equipment on any 1964 Studebaker passenger car, including Avantis, for an extra......?.....

1) 37.25.......2) 56.50.....3) 68.00.....or....4) 74.55

None of the above for the Avanti.

For the Avanti it was a $63.00 option.

2 hours ago, regnalbob said:

$63.00 is not close enough, it is correct.

Your info is wrong.

My info is from Studebaker Sales Letter 190 , 1964 Avanti prices.

Please post Studebaker Sales letter 190.....Thanks!:D

19 hours ago, regnalbob said:

No, the true answer to the original question is $63.00.

Good boy Bob!....Bye the bye, when you posted Studebaker Sales Letter 190, why did you 'block' 90% of the page?....I found that quite odd!:huh:

On 12/5/2021 at 10:03 PM, regnalbob said:

No, the true answer to the original question is $63.00.

Turns out regnalbob's information was incorrect, superseded on a price change sheet released by Studebaker on 11/11/63....The correct answer is $68.00.....EXCEPT on GT Hawks, where the wire spoke disc option cost $63.00!:o

Edited by mfg

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Turns out regnalbob's information was incorrect, superseded on a price change sheet released by Studebaker on 11/11/63....The correct answer is $68.00.....EXCEPT on GT Hawks, where the wire spoke disc option cost $63.00!:o

Please post that price change sheet.

22 hours ago, mfg said:

19 hours ago, regnalbob said:

Please post that price change sheet.

13 hours ago, mfg said:

We're STILL wondering why you blocked out 90% of Studebaker Sales Letter 190 dated 10/28/63 ?:huh:

My information is not incorrect. Any orders before 11/11/63 would be $63.00.

I posted the sales letter that contains all the information needed to answer the original question.

Will you post the the price change sheet released by Studebaker on 11/11/63 ?

4 hours ago, regnalbob said:

My information is not incorrect. Any orders before 11/11/63 would be $63.00.

I posted the sales letter that contains all the information needed to answer the original question.

Will you post the the price change sheet released by Studebaker on 11/11/63 ?

No, you are not correct about this Bob....Your answer of $63.00 would have been correct if the original question had a cut off date of 11/11/63...however, it did not.

Price increases are unfortunately a fact of life, and I regard the final (11/11/63) price change as the correct answer to this trivia question.

(when Ford first introduced their F series pickup it could be purchased for around $1290.00....I don't think you would expect to pay $1290.00 for the 2021 version...would you?

6 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

Is there a letter from Studebaker dated 11/11/63  specifying the price change? Enquiring minds want to know.

Apparently there was, however, I do not have it...I obtained this information from George Krem's article, on pg 16 of the September 1989 Turning wheels.:)

(In the article, Mr. Krem relates to price changes for 1964 models released by Studebaker Corp. on 11/11/63.)

46 minutes ago, mfg said:

No, you are not correct about this Bob....Your answer of $63.00 would have been correct if the original question had a cut off date of 11/11/63...however, it did not.

Price increases are unfortunately a fact of life, and I regard the final (11/11/63) price change as the correct answer to this trivia question.

(when Ford first introduced their F series pickup it could be purchased for around $1290.00....I don't think you would expect to pay $1290.00 for the 2021 version...would you?

It is not a cut off date.  Buyers would have been charged $63.00 until the price increase on 11/11/63.

How can you regard the price change as the correct answer when you have nothing to support it?

29 minutes ago, mfg said:

Apparently there was, however, I do not have it...I obtained this information from George Krem's article, on pg 16 of the September 1989 Turning wheels.:)

(In the article, Mr. Krem relates to price changes for 1964 models released by Studebaker Corp. on 11/11/63.)

You have nothing to support your claim of a price increase.

The $63.00  cost is also listed in The Studebaker Avanti Production Data with data from George D. Krem.

5 minutes ago, regnalbob said:

It is not a cut off date.  Buyers would have been charged $63.00 until the price increase on 11/11/63.

How can you regard the price change as the correct answer when you have nothing to support it?

You have nothing to support your claim of a price increase.

The $63.00  cost is also listed in The Studebaker Avanti Production Data with data from George D. Krem.

Well, I guess you'll need to discuss this further with Mr. Krem...but for now I'll take his article's word for it!:)

Answer to this trivia question remains #3...$68.00..(.regnalbob posted outdated information):o

2 hours ago, coasthwy1 said:

What did the factory wire wheels look like?   What about these on a junk 64? 

AVANTIWIRE (2).jpg

Studebaker never offered a real wire wheel for their post WW2 cars, although Avanti motors did later on..... What we're discussing here is an accessory wire wheel cover...and it's rarely seen today on Studebakers or Avantis........There is a reason for that...it's looks, in my humble opinion, are nothing to write home about!!:o :D

(There was a real wire wheel (Dayton) used on a few factory show/road test cars in '63-'64, apparently six sets of these wheels were made up, however, they never made the option list)

Edited by mfg