A couple of questions, 1963-64.

Dunkin

1 hour ago, Dunkin said:

1. What does the original 4 speed shifter look like, and what does the original headliner look like? Thanks

The original shifter I believe was made for Studebaker by Ansen....it's a far cry from a Hurst competition Plus four speed shifter, however, it easy easy to clean up and 'refresh', and is generally quite reliable.....The same shifter (with longer handle) can be found in original '61-'64 Larks & Hawks equipped with four speed transmissions.:)

1 hour ago, Dunkin said:

1. What does the original 4 speed shifter look like, and what does the original headliner look like? Thanks

The original headliner is made of a type of cardboard, has a waffle pattern, and is two piece, split two thirds of the way back by the padded roll bar cover.

9 minutes ago, Leo B said:

I think that this is later one with metal ring. Somebody might tell when  "the ring" has been added.

IMG_1466.PNG

Yes, didn't the earlier boot without the ring have an issue of the boot pulling out of the console?:huh:

5 minutes ago, mfg said:

Yes, didn't the earlier boot without the ring have an issue of the boot pulling out of the console?:huh:

I think thats the reason why the ring has been added. I have seen a list of upgradings but dont find now to check which serial numbers dont have this ring like mine shifter.