Pulled the trigger

Quicksilver

I just turned 71. I have been drooling and dreaming and fantasizing over the Avanti since I was 13. Coincidentally, the same year they came out.

I have been watching Ebay for many years looking for just the right car for me. Out of the blue, my son found it on Kijiji and it was only an hour and a half away from me, in Coburg, Ontario. I hesitated, but after thinking for some time, I pulled the trigger and bought it!

It's a 1971, white on black, with some aftermarket stuff on it. Currently not running, but it's had a lot of work done to it. Apparently it needs only to have the exhaust and some minor tuning done and then it will run. We are driving up tomorrow to check it out and then next week I'll make room in my barn and bring it home.

Plans are to make a restomod out of it. New paint(candy red, emerald green, or copper: I haven't decided) and a new tan leather interior.

Im near retirement, but depending on finances it will eventually get a new chassis and a Chevy LS engine.

I haven't been this excited in several years!!

YOUR gonna have a blast....Avanti resto mods are great....I just had Mike Myer  in Ohio install a stainless exhaust system on my  RQB3263 81/305 It fit perfectly made in Canada near you ... well closer to you than to me........ resto pics enclosed .... the good news is you got all winter to get it ready for driving season....keep up the good work .....BILL

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_E0065.JPG

It needs paint and interior. there's also a myriad of small stuff to take care of, but I hope to have lots of time to do it. The previous owner added the side exhaust rockers. Not sure if I'll keep them or not. Kinda growing on me

20211124_124806.jpg

Edited by Quicksilver

3 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

It needs paint and interior. there's also a myriad of small stuff to take care of, but I hope to have lots of time to do it. The previous owner added the side exhaust rockers. Not sure if I'll keep them or not. Kinda growing on me

20211124_124806.jpg

I like his gas filler idea.

Gas filler.jpg