Halibrand Wheels

Leo B

Hi. Please help. I want to buy Halibrand Wheels 4 pcs. I think correct product is 15 x 7 Halibrand 7011 Retro. 15 x 10 might be a problem.

I found that Rodder Wheels sell those but I dont find a price. I have sent Contact Form about month ago asking price. They dont answer me. Seems that they dont sell that size anymore. Webshop shows "Sorry, this product cannot be purchased."
Are there others who sell same wheels?

Edited by Leo B
Add text from webshop

The last I heard Real Rodders Wheels has not yet made the wheels.  I don't know why they have them on the web.  Maybe they're trying to drum up orders.  I have an order in, but have not heard anything from them.  I don't think there are any other sources for these wheels.

A few years ago they made a run of them (in 15x6 size) and they sold all of those.

-Dwight

I put a set on order back in March, at the end of June contacted Pat and was told they'd received the test articles from the manufacturer and had a couple minor changes to make. Sent an email to Pat at the end of August for an update and it's been all crickets since then. 

Normally I'd find this kind of thing from vendors to be unacceptable but I've learned (this is my first Studebaker) that this the SOP for the Studebaker world. The wheels on the website look fantastic, I hope all this is worth the wait. I'm going to be very disappointed with myself if this ends up being a dead-end and I end up ordering Holley Vintage wheels after waiting so long. 

4 hours ago, Leo B said:

Hi again.
OK. I need to get wheels before April next year.
I know, I know, not exactly same but how about these? https://www.factoryfiveparts.com/14190-fia-pin-drive-wheel-set/#

Measure carefully if you are planning to buy those wheels as a set. The 9.5 rears with a 3.5 BS could give the car a boy racer look with the wheels sticking outside the rear fenders.

The 7.5s all around might work. Just be sure you have mocked up what you are buying first.

BTW nice looking wheels.

Thank you Avanti83🙂

https://vintagewheelsus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_29&products_id=755

Hmmm.. would be nice in Metal Grey Avanti. Of course with spinners. All four pcs 15 x 7.5s
I think I will need help to be sure they will work. Im not good with wheels and tires.

I have a set of the Cobra replica wheels left over from a past project. I tried the 7.5 wheels and the is an issue on the front of an Avanti. The width will not clear the outer tie rod end. I even have shorter steering arms on this car. My solution for the future is to narrow the front wheel to 6 inch in width. In the past, I have taken this style wheel and have  had it widened for customers  to a 13 inch wide wheel for GT 40 replicas.

Bob Caser

Avanti wheel knock off wheel adapter.jpg

Cobra wheel 4 Avanti back.jpg

Cobra wheel 4 Avanti.jpg

Thanks Bob 🙂
A gentleman wrote me that he has a R2 -63 and Halibrand 15 X 7 with Bias look radial tires. Works fine ???? Back Spaces has to be different. Cobra 15 x 7.5 has 3.7 inc. I dont find what is Halibrand 15 x 7 back space.

How about http://www.myersstudebaker.com/

Is Jon still collecting orders?
HALIBRAND WHEELS!!!!!!!  WANT A SET??? CALL 740-674-4897 AND $100 WILL RESERVE YOUR SET.  Will be made in 6 1/2-inch ALUMINUM.  NEED 25 CONFIRMED ORDERS TO HAVE THEM MADE.  CALL FOR PRICING

I will ask Jon by email of course.

Edited by Leo B
Txt edit

I ordered a set of the Halibrand reproduction wheels from Pat at Real Rodders on 5/1/20 and called him on 12/7/20 since then crickets! I don't know if they will ever be produced. More than a little disappointing.

John C.

Thanks John, Then I wonder why they keep the product in their webshop. Even in a front page banner.
instead of speculating here in the forum, it would be good if someone would call and ask about the real situation.

2 hours ago, Leo B said:

Thanks John, Then I wonder why they keep the product in their webshop. Even in a front page banner.
instead of speculating here in the forum, it would be good if someone would call and ask about the real situation.

Seems that this matter is ongoing in Avanti Owners Facebook

• 9 months later...