Bye Bye GT's!

mfg

No Avanti powered 1964 Gran Turismo Hawks (or even Hawks powered with standard 289's) were built in Canada because.......?......

1) Low demand.......2) New Canadian law......3) Increased Lark type vehicle output......or......4) Lack of Hawk chassis

1 hour ago, mfg said:

No Avanti powered 1964 Gran Turismo Hawks (or even Hawks powered with standard 289's) were built in Canada because.......?......

1) Low demand.......2) New Canadian law......3) Increased Lark type vehicle output......or......4) Lack of Hawk chassis

I do not think that it is any one of these, it was a combination of things.  I will pick no. 3.  No. 1 also played a roll.  Not no. 4 because C/K (Hawk) models had been built in the Hamilton plant.

13 hours ago, studegary said:

I do not think that it is any one of these, it was a combination of things.  I will pick no. 3.  No. 1 also played a roll.  Not no. 4 because C/K (Hawk) models had been built in the Hamilton plant.

Sorry, neither answer #3 or #1 are the correct answers to this trivia question!:(

Any other thoughts here?

10 minutes ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

#2 -  New Canadian law required increased local content.  Or something like that.

-Dwight

And you are RIGHT ON THE MONEY!:)......#2

For anyone interested in this, check 'Turning Wheels' issue March, 2020.....Ed