Avantis R5180 & R5268!

mfg

What's somewhat unusual about 1964 Studebaker Avantis R-5180 & R-5268?    ( I must say this question will be quite hard to answer unless someone is familiar with these two Avantis, OR has access to Studebaker factory production records!)

10 hours ago, mfg said:

What's somewhat unusual about 1964 Studebaker Avantis R-5180 & R-5268?    ( I must say this question will be quite hard to answer unless someone is familiar with these two Avantis, OR has access to Studebaker factory production records!)

They were both built in September 1963.  It is likely that R 5180 was the last of the Allstate series of cars and that R 5268 also had Allstate tires.  I am neither familiar with the cars nor have factory records.   

12 hours ago, studegary said:

They were both built in September 1963.  It is likely that R 5180 was the last of the Allstate series of cars and that R 5268 also had Allstate tires.  I am neither familiar with the cars nor have factory records.   

Well, you're sort of close....What struck me about these two Stude Avantis is their production orders....I've seen both...and the unit description reads EXACTLY the same....absolutely identical cars! (as built)....Description follows....

RQ 4370 Avanti

13 P 6434 Avanti Red

14 813 BKV

20 Automatic Floor Shift

38 Power Steering

51A 670 Wht All State Tires

66A Rad Push     X81 Belts L&R

88 AC3310  L

Both PO's identical...right down to the order & spacing of the type!....Twin Studebaker Avantis!

5 hours ago, mfg said:

Well, you're sort of close....What struck me about these two Stude Avantis is their production orders....I've seen both...and the unit description reads EXACTLY the same....absolutely identical cars! (as built)....Description follows....

RQ 4370 Avanti

13 P 6434 Avanti Red

14 813 BKV

20 Automatic Floor Shift

38 Power Steering

51A 670 Wht All State Tires

66A Rad Push     X81 Belts L&R

88 AC3310  L

Both PO's identical...right down to the order & spacing of the type!....Twin Studebaker Avantis!

The run of Allstate were all built the same.  Mine was R 5176.