Sagging leaf spring

Kodjo

Hi,

my Avanti is a little low. The rear axle hits the rubber endstop every time I pass a speed bump (and I try to take them slowly www). I fitted new shock absorbers last Saturday and noticed that the leaf springs were in a W shape. Not good I think, so I want to try new/different ones.

To order new springs I need the measurements. Does anyone have these?

Thanks!

I purchased mine from Eaton Springs.  They make them upon order from original spec. sheets.  When I called the company, the guy asked if I wanted heavy duty springs; these have one more leaf.  I told him OK but it did put the backend of the car up a bit high.  I then used 1 1/2 inch lowering blocks to bring it down to a nice height.

103.JPG

5 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Any idea what Flex A Form charges? Their website doesn't give any idea.

Dont quote me on this, I want to say around $500-600 for the set, from last time I spoke to them.

I just tried calling again but no answer. After shipping costs factored and the weight savings I'm really leaning towards Flex-form. 

26 minutes ago, Jred said:

Dont quote me on this, I want to say around $500-600 for the set, from last time I spoke to them.

I just tried calling again but no answer. After shipping costs factored and the weight savings I'm really leaning towards Flex-form. 

Thanks

He is only about 2 hours from my house so I may try to stop by there

11 hours ago, silverstude said:

If you have access to and old leaf spring pack, you can cut something like a 30" section from the bottom two and install one of each under the existing pack for about a 1" lift.  I've done thins on a couple cars.

I'll bring the leaf packs to a shop. That will add a leaf. 1" plus extra stiffness will be enough.

Spoke to Flex-a-form today. Im a little confused about their production process but going to give them a bit more time.

He remembered I had called a month or more ago, sounded like there was a few Avanti leaf springs in the "scheduling".

The guy that is in charge of the scheduling was out to lunch but, "If theres any questions or issues we will call you back. The Avanti springs will be starting soon."