Avanti 'Goof'!

mfg

Putting the circuit breaker in the engine bay where it would be exposed to excessive heat and render the power windows inoperative until cool down. It was later moved to under the dash.

I personally experienced the problem going to the 1980 Gettysburg International Meet. The summer weather was excessively hot...even for this region. My '63 was running hot (big surprise) so I turned the a/c off to lessen the load on the engine and discovered my windows were inoperative. That was misery.

Power windows did not operate when the key was in accessory. I don't think Studebaker ever corrected that. If electronic ignition was installed at a later date and the switch was turned to the On mode to operate the windows with out the engine running and left on for an extended period of time it would damage the ignition. There are posts to fix that issue.

Most cars I have owned over the years with electric windows didn't work in the accessory position. The only exception is my 2001 Ford Club Wagon with the Powerstroke engine. Mercedes, Ford, Honda, Toyota and Lexus the accessory position in dead for windows. One cool thing about the Lexus though is that the key fob will roll down all the windows and open the sunroof if you hold down the unlock after the doors have unlocked. A very nice feature in the sothwest!