Paxton Supercharger wanted.

Leo B

Hi,
Im new Avanti owner and also new here in forum. Bought Avanti 1963 R4543A last week.
Paxton is totally broken. It has been used without oil. Reason was the paxton was without retainer plug in bottom (not my mistake 🙂 )The cover is also broken. This means I need whole Paxton.
Please advice where to get working one.
Is the Paxton model SN60 or.. ?

KR
Leo B

Edited by Leo Belik

• Leo B changed the title to Paxton Supercharger wanted.

Yes, the original would be a SN-60 model...however, if you come across a later version such as an SN-93 or SN-2000 or VR-57, they can be adapted.

Also, an older Golden Hawk style VS-57 model can be modified to work by using the SN front section & pulley.

What "cover" is broken on your SN?

Hi, Thank you for your responses. If possible, I like to have SN-60. If I dont find, next step is to look alternative.
At atteched link you see the damage.
This might be solution with a risk. If only cleaning then OK.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233977712815?hash=item367a2890af:g:F2kAAOSw9jNgRFfS

But if need repair kit, the price result will same as rebuilt and checked one. Or this has also risk that repair kit does not include all what need.
https://superchargersonline.com/product/complete-rebuild-kit-for-paxton-sn60-supercharger/

Paxton damage
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k7lj9hmv418gvyi/AAAqSRkfZNOvtqPNImDqxnVXa?dl=0

Im ready to pay good price for inspected one.

BR Leo B

21 hours ago, studegary said:

At least one person on the SDC Forum is selling a VS-57 style supercharger.

Hmmm... 🤔

I dont find VS-57 from SDC Forum. I put VS-57 to "Search"

1 hour ago, Avanti83 said:

Here's a list of vendors for Studebaker parts and services. I don't know how much it will help but check with Myers and Fairborn. If they don't have the parts, they will know where to get them.

https://www.studebakervendors.com/

Thank You Avanti83 🙂 I will contact them.
Strange that my Paxton had drain plug which was open. Forgotten to close or shaked away. I dont see that kind solution from manuals. Maybe done afterwards and painted orange. I recommened always to use safety wire to drain plugs like that.
Lets see if I find good SN-60.

2 hours ago, Leo Belik said:

Hmmm... 🤔

I dont find VS-57 from SDC Forum. I put VS-57 to "Search"

I referred to it that way, but it is probably just listed as a supercharger or Golden Hawk or Packard Hawk supercharger.  I just wanted to let you know that it is the earlier style.  IIRC, there were two for sale there currently/recently.  They may only be in the discussion section and not the for sale section.  I really did not pay much attention because I am not interested in one.  

Hello Leo,

I purchased an SN60 from Nimesh Solanki (he goes by Mike). It was totally rebuilt looks new and runs great. Mike is located in Georgia and he sells some Stude blower parts on Ebay under "nimesh". He is good to deal with and does a quality rebuild. He may be able to help you. You can contact him through Ebay or you can PM me on the forum or call me @ 812-229-5915 and I can give you his phone number. Good Luck with the car.     John C.

Leo,....I haven't ever seen a Paxton SN-60 supercharger with a drain plug at bottom of its case....Although, to me, a drain would be a good addition, I believe someone other than the factory made this modification.

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Leo,....I haven't ever seen a Paxton SN-60 supercharger with a drain plug at bottom of its case....Although, to me, a drain would be a good addition, I believe someone other than the factory made this modification.

The Paxton has two Herndon Studebaker Madera California -stickers and they has been there at least from year 1976. Maybe done by Herndon.