Hood insulation vendor?

JavierB

Any advice here on replacing the hood insulation?  Mine has a sort of rubber surface with fiberglass behind it, but its all detaching and fiberglass is falling out of the sides everywhere.  I can see already that *removing* this will be a shitshow.  But before i do I'm looking at replacement options, perhaps that do not involve fiberglass.  I see that StudebakerParts.com and SI each have one for "Early Avanti II's" but does that rule out the later ones?  Mine is 81, definitely not early.  and are these the same fiberglass ones?

Anyway, before I spend another week poking around websites, figured I would ask experts here where they bought theirs and if there were any best/worst.  And any advice on removing the existing mess.

Thanks!

I haven't replaced mine yet.  But, I have seen positive comments about Duque Hoodliner who offers a hood insulator for the Avanti at $115.  Their web site has information on the recommended procedures for installation.  Removal of the hood is a must, but that's not difficult.

https://www.hoodliners.net/s/shop

RQB3263/81/305  Good Morning Avanti folks

I replaced my hood insulation with a product from "Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co."    super sound proof with sticky back adhesive

1/4" thick X 48" wide sold by the foot at $13.50....p/n 09-01244     .ph.770-487-2310....  the hood needs to be off and laid  flat on at table.  cleaned thoroughly......this being large sticky back can be tricky to install (make cardboard templates first).....but has worked well on RQB3263 for 5 years 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:55 AM, Jim78 said:

I haven't replaced mine yet.  But, I have seen positive comments about Duque Hoodliner who offers a hood insulator for the Avanti at $115.  Their web site has information on the recommended procedures for installation.  Removal of the hood is a must, but that's not difficult.

https://www.hoodliners.net/s/shop

I've seen some good reviews on these as well.  I'm probably going to pull the trigger on this in the next week or two and report back on the results.  I am dreading the task of removing the old one though.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kodjo said:

It should not be a problem, fitting new insulation.

I would like to know; what's the benefit? Noice reduction? Less hot cabin?

I believe that noise reduction and hood paint protection are the benefits.