Alarm? Where / How / What?

JavierB

My 81 has, allegedly, a "burglar alarm" according to schematics and the fuse box diagram.  Its not referenced in the owners manual and I see nothing anywhere in the car that indicates any such alarm beyond the fuse.  So my questions are, before I accidentally trigger this alarm:

1. What triggers the alarm?
2. How is it turned off once triggered?
3. How is it engaged and is there a way to not engage it?
4. Is there any indicator that the alarm is on?

So far I havent set it off, but would love to know how to disengage it if I do.  Lemme know what you all know about this.

Thanks!  The adventure continues....

Also, if I were to want to remove/replace it, where the heck IS it or what does it look like?  anyone with a photo or drawing of the thing and/or its whereabouts?  My longer term plan is to probably install a remote for the locks, since they are already power locks, and that install will probably include its own alarm anyway.

7 hours ago, JavierB said:

Also, if I were to want to remove/replace it, where the heck IS it or what does it look like?  anyone with a photo or drawing of the thing and/or its whereabouts?  My longer term plan is to probably install a remote for the locks, since they are already power locks, and that install will probably include its own alarm anyway.

Mine was under dash around fuse panel. Lots of wires.  Box about 3”x4” 1/2” thick.