Turner Brakes and wheels

tanda62

I have been trying to contact Turner Brakes and have had no luck.  Are they still in business?  Tried email and calling.  

Wondering if these wheels, 16 by 7 would fit either the stock brake setup on a 63 Avanti or the Turner brake setup (front and rear disc).  If not, anyone know of a similar looking wheel that would fit?

Thanks, Tom

https://www.americanracing.com/product/wheels/vn470-salt-flat/?attribute_pa_finish=mag-gray-center-polished-barrel

Render.png

Edited by tanda62

Thanks for the reply.  I tried the number on the website - the address is in South Carolina but the area code is Indianapolis.  Maybe an updated number will be coming to the website soon.  I know moving can make things "interesting" having moved many times with the military.

Should have posted an update.  I talked with Turner and have orders front and rear brakes.  Also got the Rocket Racing wheels and knock offs and think they look great.  Getting ready to pull the transmission out and then the engine.  Then the suspensions will come off and the frame stripped.  Getting closer to turning the corner on the rebuild.

wheels.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 10:09 AM, tanda62 said:

I have been trying to contact Turner Brakes and have had no luck.  Are they still in business?  Tried email and calling.  

Wondering if these wheels, 16 by 7 would fit either the stock brake setup on a 63 Avanti or the Turner brake setup (front and rear disc).  If not, anyone know of a similar looking wheel that would fit?

Thanks, Tom

https://www.americanracing.com/product/wheels/vn470-salt-flat/?attribute_pa_finish=mag-gray-center-polished-barrel

Render.png

His contact information is on page 103 of the current issue of Avanti Magazine; email: diskbrake1@comcast.net.   He is in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina are now, but his phone is the same as in the magazines.

Lew