Greenwich CT. Concours d'' Elegance

MARK

I wanted to share the exciting news that my 1964 Studebaker Avanti R2 #5470 showed and did very well at the Greenwich CT. Concours. With Wayne Carini as chief judge, my Avanti was awarded............MOST OUTSTANDING SPORTS CAR 1945-1965

Mark

MFG, thanks for the reply, yes there were an amazing collection of cars in my class. I am still face sore from grins and smiles; as you expect

Mark,

That is great news. I have not kept a tally, but it seems we have had 5 of our Avanti's take awards in Concours d'Elegance this season. Interestingly, they have been in different classes such as your Sports Car class and mine in American Muscle Car class.

I encourage others to participate in Concours and other shows, people love the Avanti. There were Olds 442, GTO, Shelby Mustang participants giving me the evil eye and whispering under their breath.

Joe

Joe, very funny the "evil eye" comment. I will use that when describing the other disappointed entrants. I agree that our Avanti ownership has a larger audience. I understand that a gathering of cars were seen at the Amelia Island Concours in Florida

Thanks for your comment

Mark