rqa spring rates found

drat

So i had eaton make me some lowering springs by taking thier new stockers and cutting them by one inch. no clearance issues turning or hitting the fender, but steep driveways the nuts in the cross member will scrap. they were however hitting the bump stops on bigger bumps.

So after some reasearch i found the stock spring rates are 300 lbs per square inch. Performance wise i think something closer to 600 lbs will be better for me.

I found that Pohl springs in Spokane Washington will make me a spring. I will be doing a half inch cut from stock for a lwered look but will still allow clearance and closer to 600lbs give or take for performance driving.

the rear i found is 700 lbs per square inch. I am having rear leafs made at oregon spring company to get a 1 inch drop in the rear.

I'd love to see some pictures when you get done. I've always wanted to lower mine, but I have found very little information on lowering springs. Spokane is only about a 5 hour drive from here!

Its lowered right now to the height i want.. just need to get stiffer springs now for performance handling. The rear is blocked with a one inch block, but will be lowered without the block and new leafs soon. The front has the cut eaton springs, if you go that route do a 1/2 cut. Ill post up specs on the new springs from Pohl springs in Spokane.

20150509_174515-1_zpslygariw2.jpg

Its lowered right now to the height i want.. just need to get stiffer springs now for performance handling. The rear is blocked with a one inch block, but will be lowered without the block and new leafs soon. The front has the cut eaton springs, if you go that route do a 1/2 cut. Ill post up specs on the new springs from Pohl springs in Spokane.

20150509_174515-1_zpslygariw2.jpg[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Eaton made some rear springs for me. I haven't looked lately but when I bought mine, they listed two prices, basically one for wholesale and one for retail. I told the guy he could send them to a friend's shop or directly to me; he said he'd send them to me for the wholesale price and did. He also asked me if I wanted 'heavy duty' for no extra cost; I said 'sure.' I think they just added an extra leaf. The car sat up a bit high so I put in 1.5" lowering blocks which brought it down to a nice height. I wrote an article on 'electrical circuits', etc., which is in Issue 170 which has a bit about this. Good luck.