83 Avanti steel tire rim 15"

steve remick

The wheel would fit Ford, Chrysler, American Motors as well as Studebaker as all used the 4.5" bolt circle. There are some Ford products that used a 5" bolt circle, depending on year and model. GM used different bolt circles.

As far as value goes that's variable and I'd hesitate to give a guess...it can depend on what make tire and its age plus the wheel width.

At least around here, steel wheels are hard to come by. As with everything else, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

I could use the wheel but shipping to Texas is cost prohibitive.

I sold a set of Lexus 16" alloys recently and shipping by bus to Houston was $100 each.

Good luck.

The wheel would fit Ford, Chrysler, American Motors as well as Studebaker as all used the 4.5" bolt circle. There are some Ford products that used a 5" bolt circle, depending on year and model. GM used different bolt circles.

As far as value goes that's variable and I'd hesitate to give a guess...it can depend on what make tire and its age plus the wheel width.

Thanks Gunslinger. I knew it would fit Ford, but didn't know what else. Are you going to St Louis in August? If so I would like to meet you. I will be driving my 83 Avanti

No...won't make St. Louis. My wife and I have a number of trips already scheduled this summer. It would be nice but it won't work out for us. It's always great to meet other Avanti people...Dover was great last year (outside of the heat).

Best of luck and enjoy.

• 1 month later...

RQB3263..i replaced the oem 15" wheels with 16" mustang aluminum (2007--009) w 205/60 tires using 1.250 spacers on the front and 1" on rear ...works perfect, looks great...BILL

rqb 3263 The 07-09 Mustang wheels are plentiful and relative cheap ...about $80 each plus adapter/spacers needed for clearance..They are 16"....I originaly said 17 but thats not correct...they are 16" and thats why the fit and look so good...I gave my steel take offs away....BILL