I now own another Avanti...

Jim Baize

I just purchased a four-door Avanti, #1068.

Anyone know of any replacement door panel wood?

Maybe someone is parting out a '90?

Let me know. Thanks.

Jim

Preacher Jim, Welcome to the world of multiple Avanti ownership! I own a 76 coupe and an 89 convertible, both have been places to park extra money! A higher end upholstery shop or a wood working shop that makes cabinets might be your best bet to match a wood panel for the interior. Don't know if Sue from "Gas Monkey Garage" would be able to handle that or not! In fact, you might have to work between both types of shops to get the wood, finishing it and getting it installed unless you are a "gamer" and want to do it yourself.

There is a higher end upholstery place near my home area that was replacing a 66 Ferrari interior (Italian Buttterscoth Leather) when I first went in to have some work done for my 76 Avanti. They were able to find vinyl that very closely matched the Acorn Vinyl in my 76, take out the driver's side lower and upper left side seat bolster, replace it as well as the upper and lower middle section of the rear seat. The Butterscotch Leather job was around 8 K. My repairs were much cheaper.

Edited by plwindish

Search the internet for specialty wood suppliers in your area.

There is a business here in Dallas the deals with exotic woods

available in veneer sheets in various sizes.

Surely there is such a business in your area.

• 2 months later...

Jim, welcome to the 1990 club. I own #85. Sold Silver anniversary #3 over a year ago but kept the 1990.

Avanti magazine issue #165 is the last time I saw 1990 wood for sale page 73. see sat65 reply.

Says three sets left but I think one was sold. May still have two left. Good Luck and be careful with folks taking pictures while they pass you or tailgate trying to see what kind of car that is.

Edited by RonB