1979 Bumpers needed

Canuck E

The front bumper on my newly acquired 79 is in need of replacement, so I'm looking for suggestions folks. Car is going to be a driver so I'm not needing show quality. Main bumper is bent and rusty, drivers side end is usable, right side so-so. Any help is appreciated!

So thanks in advance

Congrats on your purchase. My only suggestion is to check the major suppliers such as Nostalgic. Dan at Nostalgic has

the factory build sheets if you are interested.

Congrats on your purchase. My only suggestion is to check the major suppliers such as Nostalgic. Dan at Nostalgic has

the factory build sheets if you are interested.

Thanks! How do I find his contact info?

There is an add for new reproductions of the center section.

made from heavier gage metal in the current issue of the Avanti Magazine.

Charlie RQB3921

Thanks. I guess I need to get the Avanti Magazine

Bumpers are scarce so be prepared to spend $$$. Any Stude Swap meets coming up near you? Sometimes you can also get one that way. I think its George Demetrius from Chicago(advertises in the AOAI magazine) is making stainless steel reproduction bumpers. Check his ads as well.

The 'Bumper Boyz' (Los Angeles, Calif) usually have replated Avanti bumpers in stock. They attend major shows all summer long with their 40' trailer. A 'core' bumper may be required.

• 2 months later...

Same problem X2

I just purchased a 71 (RQB - 1703) with no bumpers. I am open to any options, even cast fiberglass painted body color!!! This is a driver so show quality not necessary. Any idea's/leads appreciated.