2006 model

Charlie Kile

:) Just got my new AOIA Mag. Inside the front cover is the new one. Looks really great. makes me wish I could afford one.cbk

You are refering to the Avanti Avanti, not that XUV thing right? I think that overall

they did pretty good on the new Avanti, not sure about the Ford running gear, but

its on the right track. Did they use my advice and use the 03 Cobra wheels on it??

Hey! My article is in this one I think!!

Tom

They seem to be a lot of money for a rebodied Mustang. Isn't their list something like $70,000?

With today's safety and environmental regs I can't image they can significantly change/improve the performance of the car (Since I haven't driven one, I'm more than happy to be corrected on that point).

IMHO: If I had the $70,000 to spend, I'd buy a stock 2006 Mustang drop top and the best restored Studebaker version in the world.

Edited by J Boyle

I think the suggested list price is highly inflated to give dealers manuevering room for making deals and for trade-in allowances. When I bought my '02 Avanti the sticker price was $83K. I got it for way, way below that, and an excellent trade-in allowance for the car I had.

Face it...no matter how much we love our Avanti's, they are less than than a blip on the radar screen of vehicle sales numbers. Compare that to sales of Corvettes, particularly the new Vette Z06...try and find a deal on one of those. You'll be paying a premium over the sticker price for one. Avanti's simply don't have that phenomenon happening to them. We own a cult car with a small but pretty much self-sustaining resale market.

All in all, not a bad cult to be a member of.

I am laughing my A$$ off .. and also a little bummed at the same time. I searched

and searched for the "right" rims for my Avanti, and finally decided on the Cobra

wheels. The I suggested it to the Avanti Motor Corporation though a direct Email

(which was never replied too) and then an open letter here, and was replied to by

"AvantiDan". He was not too happy about my XUV judgement, but its OBVIOUS

from the latest picture of the new Avanti, that he took MY advice and used the 03

Cobra wheels on it. Never got a thank you (not surprised). I bet that he got a few

pats on the back for "his" idea. Now when MY Avanti gets seen at car shows, people

not knowing about my friendly advice to AMC about the rims, will think that I have

copied the new Avanti .... when in reality I was the originator. Looks like I made a

mistake ..... though SOME relief is known since my Avanti is featured in the Issue 133

of Avanti magazine, with my Cobra brake article ..... AND a picture of my Avanti

with the 03 Cobra rims on it!

http://www.aoai.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=320

I guess I should feel that imitation is the best form of flattery....

Tom

Edited by SBCA96