Removal Rear Quarter Moulding

Avanti7

I'm attempting to remove the interior of my "70" for a color change and to freshen up a dingy interior. A while back I ask a couple question concerning this project and I received some good advice, so here goes another question.

How do I remove the rear quarter moulding? It looks as thou the vinyl goes under the chrome trim of the rear quarter window and the rear window rubber seal. I have remove all the screws but can't see what's holding it from coming off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Had the same problem with my 72 when chasing interior light wire, all I could do was pry it out at the bottom to get my arm up behind it, looks like the back 1/4 window may have to be removed? Wasn't going there!!!!!

Yes, the 1/4 window needs to be removed. The stainless is sandwiched between the fiberglass window opening, then the vinyl is glued over that, then the stainless, then the 1/4 window. So to get to the vinyl, it all had to come out.

Thanks Brad. I've decided to leave the rear quarters in the car and dye them while their in the car.

Smart MOVE!!!!!