Avanti Under The Hood

psdenno

Two observations......first, most of the Avanti Trivia questions seem to be answered by the same three or four forum members. Second, very little "conversation" is generated by the questions. For the most part, it's Question, Correct Answer, Move On.

Those of you who do answer the questions obviously have a great deal of Avanti knowledge, or information resources. Perhaps some of you would like to toss out a few Avanti Trivia questions of your own to add a little variety to this topic.

As for this topic not generating much conversation, my guess is that quite a few readers have personal Avanti experiences relating to many of the questions. Everyone should feel free to jump in and add their 2¢ to the discussion. Let's see if we can make the topic a little more interactive and interesting.

And that brings us to the next Trivia question.

What was the cost of the underhood light option on the 1964 Avanti?

Anyone got one of these on their Avanti?

Anyone ever seen one?
Anyone ever needed one?

Just from the pic in the accessories brochure, the underhood light looks pretty useless. Maybe that's a reason why we never seem to see them.

The 1964 Pontiac Bonneville I owned years ago had a bright trunk light that had 20' of power cord wound in its base...you could remove the light from its bracket and unreel the light up to the engine bay if necessary and wind it back up when done. That was a nice design...functional and attractive in looks. Too bad Studebaker didn't pick up on it, but their finances were so critical at the time such ideas weren't on the radar scope.

Actually Studebaker did offer the "retractable reel" type trouble light for the trunk. My 5O Land Cruiser had one.

As does my '55 President Speedster and my old '56 Golden Hawk.........Pretty cool item!!