Front Seat Re-Upholstery advice

TMA62

I have two front seats from a 1971 that need work. Where in the Indiana or the Midwest have any of you tried? Any advice on who to contract and who to avoid. :blink:

Thanks in advance!

Ted

Ted, It would be 3 hours away from you to Orland Park, IL, but Midwest Auto Tops & Upholstery has done some very nice work for me matching the acorn brown vinyl in my 76 Avanti and replacing the driver's left seat bolster, both bottom and top along with replacing the middle section (top and bottom) of the rear seat where it looked like a cat had used the rear seat for a scratching post. The had also covered a fold down arm rest that goes over the parking brake in the same vinyl for me. It was no small task finding a vinyl to match the 38 year old vinyl, but he found one and replaced the old sections with the new vinyl, making it a great repair. The shop does high end repairs as well. When I brought the car in, he was replacing a butterscotch leather interior in a 66 Ferrari, which was going to be at least a 10 K job.

Midwest Auto Tops & Upholstery

13421 SW Hwy

Orland Park, IL 60462

708 923-6777 or 708 342-6677

I stumbled across this a year or so ago. They look like nice quality and most upholstery shops can install them. A couple of things, is I don't know if they have the map pocket on the seatback and it looks like they eliminated the pockets or "gussets" on the seat bottoms just outside the pleated area. Worth a look.

Edited by Paul K.