Front Brake Hoses with Steeltech (LaVesque) conversion

bobconant

Dear Avanti Folks,

I have an 82 Avanti with the Steeltech (Dave LaVesque) front disk brake conversion which was installed around 1993. Today I am needing to replace the flexible brake hoses and I'm not sure what to purchase. The calipers appear to be Chrysler from the 1970s and the hose screws directly into the caliper casting. There is NO banjo or passthrough bolt to connect them. The other end I think is standard Studebaker with a female thread that connects to the brake lines.

I'm sure there must be an existing hose that I could get from NAPA or other parts supplier if I knew what to ask for. The local NAPA outlets only know how to look up a vehicle on the computer, not like the old days when the counter person would look at a part and identify it on sight.

My current plan is to remove the hoses and take them to a place that makes up custom hydraulic hoses but that is likely to be more expensive and doesn't help if I have to replace them down the road sometime, hopefully not on the side of the road.

So, does anyone have this setup and know what hoses to use? Does anyone have any literature that would list the parts in the conversion and tells what hoses to use?

Thanks for your help.

Bob Conant

Bradenton, FL

For what it is worth, any hydraulic shop can make the hose in braided SS for a nominal cost.

You will never have to worry about them again,

and the time not spent hunting for matching hoses is time saved.

But to answer your question, I have no idea. Good luck.

Thank you. In doing some other searching on the web I found a set of installation instructions for the Steelcraft brake system and they show the same part number for the hose as WayneC. Again, thanks to those who responded. Today I am off to my mechanic's and will find out if the above number works or I will be taking the pieces to a place that makes up hydraulic hoses.

Bob in Bradenton, FL

RQB 3263...I have only good to say about Central Hydraulics...in Ocala...they can make anything anything.....Im sure there is one near Bradington ...WRG