Avanti Paint

psdenno

List price $1.00. Dealer cost $0.60.

Perfect answer. While a dollar may seem inexpensive today, in 1963 Federal Minimum Wage was $1.25 an hour. Factoring in inflation over the last 50 years, $1 in 1963 is equivalent to $9.69 in 2014.

Based on psdenno's info I would estimate $34,884 for the same Avanti today. An interesting figure when pricing a reconditioned Studebaker Avanti today.

Based on psdenno's info I would estimate $34,884 for the same Avanti today. An interesting figure when pricing a reconditioned Studebaker Avanti today.

You're right on the money according to the on line inflation calculator I used ( http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php )

$34,883.72 out the door.

Let's say the R1 in question is a quality, recent frame off restoration, with rebuilt original engine, working A/C and was as close to factory production as possible...if for sale what would the price be? How much would you pay for it assuming you had a choice of colors...

Perfect answer. While a dollar may seem inexpensive today, in 1963 Federal Minimum Wage was $1.25 an hour. Factoring in inflation over the last 50 years, $1 in 1963 is equivalent to $9.69 in 2014.

$9.69 is a bit optimistic perhaps?