Door hinge

IndyJimW

My body guy told me that my driver's side upper door hinge is bent and that is why the door can't be adjusted flush. Does anyone know where I can get a door hinge for my '87? :(

Thanks.

My body guy told me that my driver's side upper door hinge is bent and that is why the door can't be adjusted flush. Does anyone know where I can get a door hinge for my '87? :(

Thanks.

I dont understand how a door hinge can be "bent". Its possible that the hinge has

sagged but doubtful that its bent, was the car in an accident? If its still and Avanti

hinge (read 'Studebaker') then it shouldnt be bent. If its a GM style hinge, then

it probably needs a new "pin". Most "HELP!" sections at auto parts stores carry

these GM replacement pins.

Also ... he SHOULD be able to slot the holes in the hinge if you can not find a new

one somewhere.

Tom

The hinge is not a GM style. My body man has been in the business for 50 years and said it looks like it could have been bent by the door opening too far, maybe by the wind? Both upper and lower hinges are large and heavy with a stop in the center of the door made from tubing. He said it reminds him of the hinges from a '60's Ford Thunderbird, so I think it is a Studebaker part. We have adjusted it as far as it will let us, the door doesn't sag but when closed the top of the door sticks out further than the fender. If you look down from the top the upper hinge is flatter with less of a bend then the lower hinge.