Does anyone know this Buyer?

silverstude

Hello all, I am in negotiations to sell one of my cars and the respondent is a fellow named Jean Claude Legros.  We have had extensive email back and forth and he says he recently purchased an Avanti on the west coast, using a Schumacher Logistics to transport the vehicle. 

The last conversation was one that tripped some flags, as he indicated this transport company will be the payer and pickup entity.   The company is real, as is the person I was told to contact just gave me their details.

I'm just doing some diligence.   Does anyone here know this individual?

thanks

How about calling the logistics company general phone number asking to talk to the person who is supposed to be working there? I would be questioning a lot before allowing one of my cars to leave my home without a pile of money on my table.

I do not know the individual.  It sounds like a "fishy" deal, but may not be.  If they give you a complete cash payment, I would release the car to them.  Other than cash, they would have to wait until the funds cleared.  There are even a lot of phony "certified checks" floating around.  Just plain refuse any where they want some "overpayment" returned to them.