Attention AOAI Forum Members

mfg

AOAI Forum member 'dapy' wants the recently added AVANTI TRIVIA feature ended. His reasons are given in two posts he made, which can be found on the thread '63 R2 pricing' under 'AVANTI CHAT', 1963-'64 Avanti.

I'd like to ask for an informal POLE to decide if the plug should be pulled on AVANTI TRIVIA?

If it is continued, I'd ask ANYONE with Avanti related trivia questions to post them. My idea never was to monopolize the AVANTI TRIVIA feature....but I was simply trying to keep it going!

I have noticed AOAI Forum membership increasing, and the number of posts up in all Forum features....I did think that perhaps the AVANTI TRIVIA feature had something to do with that.

SO.....What Say You?............................

I like 'trivia' when it helps owners with their cars. When it provides useful information and is not a one man show. I like mfg's idea how to expand it, but would like to understand the guide lines.

I am DAPY (sorry about that name); I live in Houston and my ship is the Normandie. My trivia question is what happened to the Normandie? This is not my contribution to the POLE.

If you know the answer email me privately and we'll talk Avantis and trivia.

Dave Pyle • AOAI 033032P

dap8@comcast.net

713 464 6717

Edited by dapy

I usually read it and wonder where in the devil they came up with that particular tidbit of trivia.

If one doesn't like it don't read it, I'm in favor of it. I also learn from the posts and it gets me thinking about the Avantis and trying to answer the questions.

I come back more often because without those posts it can be days before something else will show up. I appreciate Ed for taking the time and effort to come up with the questions and posting same.

Bob

I hope you keep doing what you are doing with the trivia. There is still countless more trivia about all year and model Avantis, 1963 though 2007. Please keep it up.

And if anyone else has bits of trivia to contribute, please do! I might even use some excepts in Avanti Magazine.

I've always found the best way to keep an online forum healthy is snip and snipe at each other whenever possible........NOT

If the Trivia section was a popup that couldn't be avoided by simply not clicking on it... ☺

I have to agree with those who suggest just not reading topics that offend, don't interest, or confuse you. Nothing could be easier. No one on the forum is forced to read anything. Being a forum bully or starting a "pissing contest" is counterproductive. If one is unhappy with the forum, move on. It's quite easy.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Trivia is a take-it or leave-it issue. Read it if you want.

Hey Silverplate. I am in Garland. Might run across each other someday. Never know.

Any idea how many Avantis are in the area? Not many I guess.

I have learned to love TRIVIA. How come no one else posts trivia questions? Wouldn't it be interesting to ask (useful) questions to which you don't know the answer, but others might. Wouldn't that be engaging. But is it trivia?

I'll start.

Where, when and who was producing Avantis when switched from Monte Carlo to Caprice Classic frames?

Edited by dapy

I have learned to love TRIVIA. How come no one else posts trivia questions? Wouldn't it be interesting to ask (useful) questions to which you don't know the answer, but others might. Wouldn't that be engaging. But is it trivia?

I'll start.

Where, when and who was producing Avantis when switched from Monte Carlo to Caprice Classic frames?

I'm happy that you've changed your position on AVANTI TRIVIA....And EVERYONE is, of course, welcome to post questions if they are so inclined,

You've just posted a question, which is a good thing, but it would get more exposure if you posted it in the AVANTI TRIVIA section of this forum

Only if you feel that it's trivial!

Obviously he doesn't or he would have posted it in the Trivia section. Eddy, your level of self importance is a joy to watch. BTW, still waiting for you to contact me off line to discuss the points I mentioned in another post. Ready when you are.

Obviously he doesn't or he would have posted it in the Trivia section. Eddy, your level of self importance is a joy to watch. BTW, still waiting for you to contact me off line to discuss the points I mentioned in another post. Ready when you are.

Always nice to hear your positive comments!.....Watch for my PM on April 1st,....We'll celebrate what MUST BE your birthday!...Cheers!!

Eddy, Eddy, Eddy. You seem to have lost sight of what the Avanti Forum is all about and have become more interested in always having the last word. It's probably just a matter of time until a moderator benches us both. That's why I earlier suggested that we take this conversation off-forum. I'm sure you'll have some snarky response to this post, but would hope you'll eventually learn to play well with others. :)