HAS ANYONE EVER ???

wildfelr

ON A RAINY AFTERNOON IN FLORIDA im cruising the forum..........so my question is..... Has anyone ever put an earlier  (RQB3263/81/305) Avanti II body on an 87/88 frame ??..... this sounds like an interesting and very beneficial adaption/modification..... a lot to gain and not much to loose..... you alls thoughts please...At my age I just may have time for one more project....but it will have to be one that lights my fire.....  get back with me here or call me 386-466-6434...direct..... Am I crazy or what??..... BILL

IMG_E0068.JPG

It is my understanding that the floor pan was changed in order to accomplish this.  I have owned both types, but do not have the details of the changes.  It could probably be accomplished, but certainly not easily.  

The floor on my 87 is different from the earlier models.

I found this out when I was looking for carpeting.

The frame goes out flush with the body. No hog troughs and deeper foot wells.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

GREAT some replys......   Probably wont do it  but....i was once told THAT THE DIFFICULT WILL TAKE A WHILE AND THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL TAKE A LITTLE LONGER........ i would like more input for me dream and hear fron our  NZ member.....keepem coming...thanks ....BILL RQB3263...

BILL...RQB3263....A COUPLE EXAMPLES of difficult  (1) install an evinrude outboard  motor in an airplane and fly it....difficult.......install a V12 engine in an s-10 chevy truck ...difficult.....putting on my sox in the morning...impossible

you all have a good day.....i gotta get to work on these sox .... they take a little longer... BILL

SANY0018.jpg

IMG_0648.JPG

The NZ member (I know of) did a body-off frame restoration with a '87 or '88 using the original body & frame to reassemble.

The best thing about my 1987 Avanti having the Monte Carlo chassis is your getting an '80's suspension and steering instead of the '50's of the original Avanti.

The ride and steering is way better.

Much earlier to ad performance steering, suspension and braking.

I was able to add drop spindles and bring back the original rake look also.

Good luck,

Jim Wood