tail lights

chuck

Are tail lights available-I backed into a rotisserie with a Jeep body on it tonight and broke the passenger side rear light out tonight! Damn!!!!

chuck

RQB-3553

The whole housing, I can't believe I broke the whole thing and didn't do any serious damage to the rest of the rear end!!!!

chuck

RQB-3553

Nostalgic has new castings in brass instead of the original aluminum. I ordered a set. Unfortunatiely he doesn't have a plater any more so I will have to arrange to have them chrome plated. Oh well, the rear bumper has been needing to be rechrome for several years so I will bite the bullet and pull it too and freshen up the back of the Avanti.

chuck

RQB-3553

Contact Jerry Forrester of the SDC...he does chrome plating and is very good and doesn't kill you on price from what I understand. He's usually (but not always) at York for the swap meet there.

Repaired the fiberglass damage today-it wasn't too bad two small cracks in the taillight opening and 2 inch gouge below the light. JB weld to glue the cracks together and some bondo to fill the gouge. I primed it-probably going to let it sit a couple of days before the final sanding and painting.

I also got the rear bumper off-it needs to be rechromed-it has been rusting on the passenger side even though the car is garaged all the time. I had to cut the side bolts with a sawsall but the rear bolts came off easy. I am going to weld up the holes where the black rubber bumpers are attached and get some of the chrome drop downs from the guy who advertises in the mag all the time-George sombody? Is he still selling those?

chuck

RQB-3553

• 2 months later...

Make sure your chrome platter is smart enough to mask(?) over the studs....mine wasn't and caused fits on re installation...with chrome on the studs you will never get the attach nuts to start......been there done that ....rqb3263

I just talked with Dan Booth last week about tail lights. He has the repop brass tail light housings in stock as well as tail light lenses and back up lenses.