Lower Control Bushings Replace!

mfg

Any Avanti owners out there ever try replacing lower control arm inner bushings WITHOUT removing control arm from car?.......One at a time, with use of air chisel , heat, etc? (Stude frame Avanti)

Years ago I saw a guy do just that with lower control bushings on a Buick Riviera....seemed to work out OK........Thoughts?

Edited by mfg

It can be done. The difficulty is lining things back up to center the "pin" when driving in the new bushing. I have used a come-a-long, and a jack and done just that on several cars. Made a tedious job very quick.

18 hours ago, brad said:

It can be done. The difficulty is lining things back up to center the "pin" when driving in the new bushing. I have used a come-a-long, and a jack and done just that on several cars. Made a tedious job very quick.

Brad Bez's optimistic answer gives me hope!!:)....My issue is..... I use my Avanti ('83) every day, and the only way I could tie it up for a suspension job would be to drive my '63 Avanti for a few days.....Now, the '63 could definitely use the exercise, however, with salt all over the roads this time of year...that would not be something I'd want to do!:o